The Clerk can sign documents that need the signature of a Commissioner of Oaths or Commissioner for Taking Affidavits. You will need to bring photo identification, and the document must be signed in the presence of the Clerk. This is a free service to Cramahe residents, but there is a $20 charge to non-residents.

The Commissioner of Oaths can sign documents including, but not limited to:

  • Consent to travel with children (travel letters)
  • Proof of residency
  • Vehicle transfer of ownership
  • Pension plans
  • Certify documents as “true copies” (Please call for Clerk availability)
  • Certification of an identifiable individual's signature
  • Government-related forms
  • Township of Cramahe department forms

The Commissioner of Oaths will NOT sign documents related to:

  • Wills
  • Living wills
  • Codicils of wills
  • Powers of attorney
  • Divorce, separation or custody
  • Theft
  • Real Estate
  • Court documents or documents related to court proceedings
  • Documents that require the signature of a Notary Public

Commissioner of Oaths are NOT Notary Publics. You will have to contact a professional lawyer, notary public entitled to practice law in Ontario, or a justice of the peace to sign those documents.