Garbage and Recycling Complaints

Garbage and recycling concerns are handled by the Northumberland County's Recycling and Waste Department.  Please call the Waste & recycling hotline for any concerns or complaints at 1-866-293-8379    

 By-Law Complaints

Our By-Law Enforcement Office looks into written complaints they receive in the areas of Animal Control, Unsightly property, and Noise or Nuisance Issues. 

Please fill out the By-Law Complaint Form as a first step to process complaints in order of receipt.

Road Complaints

Please fill in the below Citizen Issue/ Request to report a road concern or complaint.  Upon receipt of public concerns, work orders are generated and addressed based on priority.    

General Inquiries

Staff are committed to working alongside residents, and members of the public, to address concerns and make positive, continuous improvements that benefit the whole community.

If you would like to a sk a general questionprovide feedback, or  make a suggestion, please complete and submit the Service Request form below and select Administrative General Inquiry under the type of issue.
Upon submission of your form, the appropriate department will be notified and you can anticipate a response within 7 business days. If you do not receive a follow up to your inquiry after the fore mentioned timeframe please call our office during business hours.


**Effective August 5th our Office Hours will change: Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5pm and

8:30am-12:30pm on Fridays*** 


This is a Non Emergency reporting system. If you require immediate assistance from the police, fire department or ambulance please call  911.