What is a Zoning By-law?

A Zoning By-law is an implementation tool for the Official Plan. Using a series of land use zones and labels, it generally spells out:

  • How land and buildings may be used
  • Where buildings and other structures may be located
  • What restrictions may be related to the development of a specific property

A Zoning By-law is a legally enforceable document intended to regulate land use and future development. Significant changes to land uses or zone regulations require a Zoning By-law Amendment and possibly an Official Plan Amendment. Small, technical adjustments to By-law provisions may be accommodated by a Minor Variance.

Current Comprehensive Zoning By-law #2008-18

Cramahe’s Zoning By-law 08-18 was brought into full force and effect on February 19, 2008. As Zoning By-law Amendment Applications are received and passed, the Township strives to keep the mapping as up-to-date as possible. To ensure proper zoning and permitted uses, please confirm zoning with the Township planning staff. 

For a list of By-Laws, please visit our By-Law page.

 Comprehensive Zoning By-law 08-18 Mapping

Index Map 

A1 – Colborne

A2 – Castleton

A3 – Upper Castleton & Oak Ridges Morraine

A4  A5  A6 – Oak Ridges Morraine

Map 1

Map 2

Map 3

Map 4

Map 5

Map 6

Map 7

Map 8

Map 9

Map 10

Map 11

Map 12

Map 13

Map 14

Map 15

Map 16

Map 17

Map 18

Map 19

Map 20

Map 21

Map 22

Map 23

Map 24

Map 25

Map 26

Map 27

Do you want to apply for a Zoning By-law Amendment? 

Zoning By-law Amendment Application Fees

Township of Cramahe    $1500

         As part of a related consent application    $1375

         Removal of "H" Holding    $500

County of Northumberland    $500

         As part of a related consent application     $250

         Stand Alone for Septic/Sewage     $300

Lower Trent Conservation Authority    $315

Please note: 
- A survey will likely be required to complete the Zoning By-law Amendment and all realted fees must be paid by the applicant.

-If costs are incurred by the Planning Department to retain external professionals (i.e. solicitors, hydrogeologists, engineers, etc) to assist in the commenting or processing of an application, the associated costs will be directed back to the applicant for full recovery. 

Zoning By-Law Amendment Application

In order to submit your application, a meeting must be scheduled with the Township Planner.